Monday, December 13, 2010

Eff and blind - a postscript

Following my sustained meditation on four letter words, I saw a book in a bookshop. I felt I just had to mention it here:


According to the author, saying the blunt little mantra that adorns the cover (minus the polite asterisks) 'is like massage for the mind – relaxing you, releasing tension, giving up on things that aren't working... it is the perfect western expression of the eastern ideas of letting go, giving up and finding real freedom by realising that things don't matter so much (if at all).'

I'm not recommending it; a quick flick gave me the impression it's mostly quasi-spiritual, self-help guff.

But it made me smile - especially after what I'd written.

4 comments:

John Campbell said...

Hmm.

But more worrying, that's not a mop I see, but a brand new unused broom.

Does the "man with a mop" have a mop? Or is it all show?

n0rma1 said...

New brooms sweep clean, John.

loz said...

LOL Laughing my head off. Or should that be F*ing head?!!

Waycyber said...

Yes, I was a bit of a sploint. I hooving well let a brinkling word get passed me. What a grunit! I hope I didn't ploit people off too much. I will try to make sure it doesn't brimpling well happen again.