Friday, May 16, 2014

More beautiful broken

Two things spoke to me this week.

First some lines from T S Eliot's poem, East Coker:
I said to my soul, be still, and let the dark come upon you
Which shall be the darkness of God...
I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope
For hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love
For love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith
But the faith and the love and the hope are all in the waiting.
Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought:
So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.
Then this:


There's a depth can only come with brokenness; a hope can only come in darkness.

Selah.



1 comment:

Joe Inspired said...

I can go with this, James. I have got a really nice earthenware jug which I smashed in a fit of madness, I found it the next day carefully repaired with a bit missing, my brother had left a note in it saying "weeping may last for the nighttime, but joy comes with the morning" Very true in my life

Joe