Thursday, May 18, 2006

Communication's what you need

Friendship meal tonight. We usually have a fair number of youngsters around White Stone on such occasions. Before the meal we have a 15 minutish 'grace time' with a worship activity or some 'thought' to focus us. Tonight, I'm 'on' and I want to try and give people a few pointers about how to overcome in the spiritual battle. So I'm going to say a few things about deceit and openness and about the world, the flesh and the devil. Cheerful stuff!

But the main point of it all is that 'they may all know the Lord, from the least to the greatest of them' to quote the prophet Jeremiah. This is the key to overcoming any opposition - and the first tactic of the enemy is to break down, by whatever means, our communication with God.

I'm so thankful we have a God who we can know. Who wants to know us. Who died to know us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God changes everything, doesn't he.

I love you, James. And I'm not ashamed to voice it publically. Thanks for all you do and all you are. Thank God for you.

(just learning to express those wellings of affection)

Sup